Missouri Educator Gateway Assessments (MEGA)
The Evaluation Systems group of Pearson is conducting a field test of multiple-choice items that may appear on future test forms for the Missouri Educator Gateway Assessments (MEGA).
Eligibility requirements for participation
To be eligible to participate in the field test, you must meet at least one of following eligibility requirements:
- You are currently a junior or senior enrolled in an educator preparation program who will be seeking an educator certification in one of the fields listed, OR
- You are recently certified in the specific field, OR
- You are registered for a future administration of the MEGA in one of the fields below.
Educator preparation faculty are not eligible to participate in the field test.
Current Field Test Opportunities:
- MEGA Elementary Education Subtest 1 (select PTMO073 when scheduling an appointment)
- MEGA Elementary Education Subtest 2 (select PTMO074 when scheduling an appointment)
- MEGA Biology (select PTMO075 when scheduling an appointment)
- MEGA Chemistry (select PTMO076 when scheduling an appointment)
- MEGA Earth Science (select PTMO077 when scheduling an appointment)
- MEGA Physics (select PTMO078 when scheduling an appointment)
- MEGA Building-Level Administrator (select PTMO080 when scheduling an appointment)
Advantages of Participating
You will have the opportunity to view and respond to multiple-choice questions that may appear on future test forms for the Missouri Educator Gateway Assessments. For the acceptable completion of a field test form, participants are offered a $50.00 MEGA test fee voucher. *Incentives are issued upon verification of the acceptable completion of each test form. Incentives will be distributed approximately 4-6 weeks following the close of the field testing window.
Other advantages of field test participation include:
- providing input into the test that will be taken by future educators,
- gauging professional knowledge by taking actual test items, and
- gaining practical testing experience.
* To be eligible for an incentive, participants must be prepared in the specific field for which they are taking a field test and they must complete the field test as instructed.
Each field test consists of approximately 50 multiple-choice questions and is administered during a 135-minute test session. Approximately 20 minutes of the session is dedicated to the presentation of a computer-based testing tutorial and a short survey.
Eligible participants may complete up to two (2) field test forms. The second registration can only be scheduled after the first field test session is completed (consecutive field test appointments are not available). Field test results will be analyzed as group data only and will be kept confidential. Score information will not be provided to participants or institutions.
If you have any questions about this field test, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Missouri Educator Gateway Assessments field testing begins June 16, 2020. You may schedule an appointment starting June 1, 2020.
After you schedule a field test appointment, Pearson VUE will email you a confirmation listing your test date, your testing time, the address and phone number of your test center, and directions to the test center.
If you are unable to keep a field test appointment, please cancel at least 24 hours before the scheduled test time.